Grab your camera (any camera or phone camera) and let’s get to know nature on a photographic exploration. Join us Saturday March 10 for a day of surveying and cataloging nature and wildlife around Chinsegut WEA.
PhotoBlitz Intro @ 8am (30 minutes)
- · What is PhotoBlitz
- · What is iNaturalist and why we need it
- · What to photograph and how to take photos for this project
PhotoBlitz Teams @ 8:30 am – 11:30am (3 hours)
- · Team Groups
- · Team Projects
- · Team Locations
PhotoBlitz Meet-up @ 11:30 – 12pm (30 minutes)
- · Lunch
- · Questions and Answers
PhotoBlitz ID @ 1pm – 3pm (2 hours)
- · Tutorials
- · Photo reviews
Uploading to https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/florida-wma-chinsegut-wildlife-and-environmental-area
What to bring: including your backpack
- · Camera, bottled water, bagged lunch (cooler), bug spray, sunscreen and any necessities you will need
- · Wood ruler and/or a dime and quarter
- · Pen and Small notepad
What to wear
- · Experienced hikers only: long pants and hiking boots, t-shirt you don’t mind getting dirty! We will be exploring areas off trail
- · Beginners and kids: long pants and sneakers, t-shirt, hat
- · Have extra memory cards
- · Battery charged.. cell phone and camera batteries.
From plants to the smallest of critters this PhotoBlitz is a fun and educational way to learn about the species we share on this great planet.
This is a great project for kids ages 8 and up and teenagers who are interested in learning more about our eco-systems, biology, habitats and conservation.